*2017-2018 Ticket Sales Intern – Lake Michigan Admirals Basketball Team (Warren, MI)*
This is a non-paid internship and requires the individual to receive academic credit. This intern will need to attend Lake Michigan Admirals events and will need to be available 20-40 hours a week. While this position gives you invaluable experience in the sports operations/sales world, it is a non-paid position; however, any sales made by an intern, will receive a commission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be assisting with fan engagement events
- Assisting the Ticket Sales Representatives with daily activities
- You will have hands-on experience in sales (via phone and in-person), public relations, marketing, event planning, customer service, promotions, and business management
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Research and analysis skills and experience
- Marketing experience preferred
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- You should have excellent interpersonal skills with an aptitude for detail
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Be a flexible and reliable member of the team, both within own department and the company as a whole
- Deadline driven environment
- Presents self in a professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts
- Consistently at work on time and effectively responds to supervisor's instructions
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays, company events, and most home games
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to receive academic credit
*Ticket Operations 2017-2018 Internship – Lake Michigan Admirals Basketball Team (Warren, MI)*
The Lake Michigan Admirals Basketball Team is seeking excited, outgoing, and dedicated candidates that can work individually or in a team environment. Training will be provided upon acceptance into the program. While this position gives you invaluable experience in the sports operations/sales world, it is a nonpaid position; however, any sales made by a will receive a commission.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Selling tickets provided from the Admirals
• Updating and filtering the Admirals Management team to assure that there is accurate information for the sales team
• Assisting the sales team at events, while interacting with fans and prospects to help sell tickets and promote the Lake Michigan Admirals
• Act on behalf of the Lake Michigan Admirals and its respective partners and sponsors with enthusiasm, energy, pride, and professionalism
• Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with internal and external staff and clients
• Have an outgoing and dynamic personality and willing to approach people
• Must be willing to travel and interact with many people. Ability to work a flexible schedule with nights, holidays and weekends.
*Public Relations Intern – Lake Michigan Admirals (Warren, MI)*
The Lake Michigan Admirals is seeking detail-orientated applicants for a 2017-2018 season Public Relations Internship. The candidate will work very closely on the day-to-day operations, strategies and objectives of the PR department. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Player and Public Relations.
- Update the Admirals Media Guide
- Assist with media database management and photo archives
- Management of media distribution lists
- Actively brainstorm story ideas for both sports and non-sports reporters
- Write drafts of press releases and internal communications documents
- Oversee Admiral credential process for accredited media members
- Assist with media at practice, shoot around and pre/post game availability
- Assisting in all aspects of media room operations on game days including setup, media will call, credentials and additional duties
- Assist with updating all home and away game notes in InDesign
- Update team stats, bios and build statistical packages for media
- Manage internal stats databases and track Storm player milestone stats
- Prepare playoff media guide if needed
- Game day duties include but not limited to: pre-game starters, in-game stats, postgame notes and quotes
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Strong communications skills, oral and written
- Organized, able to track projects, manage time and follow-through
- Interested in public relations
- Ideally available from early April through September, 25 hours per week + games
- Should be flexible and available to work nights and weekends, attending and assisting at most Admiral's home games and other events
- Reliable and committed to making the most of your internship
- Must love sports, especially basketball!
*2017-2018 Statistician Intern – Lake Michigan Admirals Basketball Team (Warren, MI)*
This position is responsible for assisting the Media Relations Department in the input and support of the statistics system during Admirals games.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Working with other statisticians on imputing play by play information into PBL system
- Calling out stats information to be input
- Communicating with other statisticians and Media Relations staff
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Local candidate
- Stats experience preferred
- Ability to work all game days through the 2017-2018 season
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Previous experience with statistics is desired, but is not required
- Flexible schedule
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
*Intern Sports Writer/Reporter- Lake Michigan Admirals (Warren, MI)*
This position will offer you the opportunity to build your resume with a major sports journalism role and: - Gain skills and experience in a variety of areas, including social media and podcasting - Be part of a network of like-minded professionals all in the Warren, Michigan area - Enjoy flexibility in terms of hours and location (work from home/school). This is a nonpaid internship.
Your responsibility is to write and publish for the Lake Michigan Admirals basketball team for the media, papers/articles, and all occasions. Your articles should be engaging and opinionated. You will also be able to access all of Lake Michigan Admirals social media pages where you can post your stories, share breaking news or start a conversation with fans from all over the world. We are committed to ensuring that the internship is challenging, informative and educational.